Friday, 1 January 2016

Start with something easy...Pancakes!!


Okay, so my first recipe is pancakes! Everyone pretty much knows how to make them but since this is my first food blog I thought I'd start off easy.


Ingredients:



3/4 cup of self raising flour
2 free range eggs
1/2 cup almond milk


Method:

In a medium bowl add the flour and the eggs.
Mix until it forms a almost dough like consistency.


Pour in the almond milk and mix until there are no more lumps.
This is the stage where you can add extras to the batter, such as berries, applesauce, banana etc. I personally prefer not to put anything in them and just use it as topping.



Heat a pan on medium heat. I use coconut oil to grease the pan. Add about 2 tablespoons of batter to the pan. It should only take about 1 minute to cook on the first side and then only about 30 seconds on the second side or wait until little bubbles start to form all over the pancake.


Serve with your choice of topping. Mine are frozen berries that have been in the microwave for about 1 minute 30 seconds



This recipe makes 4 pancakes about 13 cm in diameter.


Notes:
I don't really like using 'original' almond milk, I prefer to use unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk.
It is possible to replace the self raising flour with plain flour for a thinner pancake or even use a gluten free flour. You can also use almond meal and coconut flour but every time I've used them the pancakes just fall a part when I try to flip them.
I use coconut oil to grease the pan but you can use basic spray cooking oil.


I hope you enjoy!

- Louie May

No comments:

Post a Comment