Thursday, 7 January 2016

Oh friend, I thought I lost you.

When I became lactose intolerant I started thinking about all the types of food I'm never going to be able to eat again!!! If I did want to eat them I had to make it myself and use lactose free substitute and risk it tasting horrible. I always worry about going out for meals because some things you can't be sure whether or not they have dairy in them, so, to be on the safe side, I choose to eat vegan when eating out.
Last night my boyfriend took me out for dinner to an Italian restaurant called;                   
Their website
Pasta and Pizza, hmmm cheese, this won't end well! I thought I'm bound to have a reaction to anything I order. I read the menu and there was one meal that caught my eye and I was so happy to see it there!!! It was called Campagnola. It had no cheese and was completely vegan! It was the most incredible vegan meal I have ever had.


Campagnola is a completely vegan pizza!! It doesn't have cheese. A pizza without cheese.... is it really a pizza then? Oh well, I don't care, it was the most amazing pizza I have ever had!! My favourite part of the pizza wasn't even the toppings or the fact I wasn't going to be sick because of it, it was the pizza base. It was so thin , so light and had the perfect crunch. Even my boyfriend who isn't lactose intolerant or vegan thought it was absolutely amazing!
In case you can't identify everything on it, there is; spinach, zucchini, pumpkin, mushrooms, basil pesto, onions and olives. 


If you are vegan or lactose intolerant and are missing pizza I do highly recommend going to Vibrante. They do have some other vegan meals as well such as;
Pear Rucola Salad (also gluten free); Pears, rucola, walnut, figs and parmesan (optional).
Super Salad; Organic quinoa, chia, green beans, freekeh, cherry tomato, almonds & roast pumpkin with vinaigrette dressing.
Spaghetti Funghi Spinaci; Spaghetti tossed in garlic, chilli, olive oil, mushrooms, spinach, cherry tomatoes & olives.
Pepperone; Baked capsicum with spinach, pumpkin, mushrooms, olives, cherry tomatoes, rice, served with sautéed vegetables.
Link to their menu here.

Vibrante's address is 133 James Street, Templestowe, Victoria.
Go if you can!!

- Louie May








No comments:

Post a Comment