Sunday, 3 January 2016

Baked Garlic Chicken...and a little sweet?


So, today I made dinner for the family and it was Baked Garlic Chicken. This recipe I got out of the cook book '4 Ingredients: Gluten Free, Lactose Free' by Kim McCosker. This book contains a range of different recipes from breakfast all the way through to dessert. I do suggest if you are lactose or gluten intolerant to go buy a copy. The recipes are very simple and are tasty.

So, Baked Garlic Chicken...I am writing the way it is in the book with the little changes I made in red.
Ingredients:



6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup of brown sugar
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I used chicken thighs and only 3)

Method:

Preheat over to 200C and lightly grease a baking dish. (I just used cooking spray) In a small frying pan, sauté the garlic in the olive oil until tender, about 30 seconds.



Remove from the heat and stir in the brown sugar. (I placed it into a bowl to do this instead of leaving it in the pan)


Place the chicken breasts (thighs) in the baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture. Season with salt and pepper. (The recipe says season with salt and pepper to taste but you can't really do that with raw chicken. So I did about a pinch or 2 on each thigh. I also didn't need all of the garlic and brown sugar mixture.)


Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with a salad, roast veggies or what ever you want to have with it.


I haven't tried this recipe until now and you might think that it would be weird having brown sugar on chicken but it was surprisingly delicious. So don't shake it until you try it. 

- Louie May

No comments:

Post a Comment